Primary Objective of This Position
The Senior Accountant will be engaged in multiple areas related to financial recording, reporting, and analysis. This position will work closely with the Fund Accounting Manager and Assistant Controller to ensure accurate recording and timely distribution of financial and donor statements/reports. This position also works closely with the VP of Finance and Administration in the areas of human resources, enterprise risk management, and financial analysis.
PRIMARY POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
I. Coordinate with Development and Grants teams in the review, approval, and set-up of various funds.
II. Facilitate the grant review process working closely with Grants team to ensure grant recommendations are processed accurately and timely.
III. Deposit checks and cash received into appropriate bank account, post all financial transactions to general ledger, and ensure gift records match bank records.
IV. Prepare various investment reconciliations and reports including donor/agency statements.
V. Assist with the recording and maintenance of accounting information for the Foundation, coordinate all period-end close processes (month, quarter, and year), and ensure the accuracy, timeliness, and clarity of financial statements and supporting schedules.
VI. Participate with Finance Team in preparing and analyzing budget and external audit/tax workpapers and reports.
VII. Benchmark Foundation financial activities, creating financial reports/charts both one-time and historical.
VIII. Assist VP of Finance and Administration with HR administration and the Fund Accounting Manager with payroll processes and payment of benefits and other related expenses.
IX. Assist with CCF owned insurance policy valuations and payments.
X. Assist the VP of Finance and Administration with insurance and risk management responsibilities.
XI. Proactively work with staff to develop more efficient procedures and recommend workflow enhancements.
XII. Other special projects and duties, including providing backup for other Finance staff, as needed.
XIII. Collaborate and support other departments in their organizational goals, objectives, and reporting.
EDUCATION, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE &/OR ABILITIES
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration desired (CPA, MBA or CMA, a plus).
· Four years accounting or equivalent experience; non-profit and community foundation experience a plus.
· Proficient in financial and accounting systems, preferably foundation software.
· Excellent Microsoft Excel skills and strong general Microsoft Office skills.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
· Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, with attention to detail.
· High energy to keep up with fast-paced environment.
· Institutional investment experience a plus.
· Commitment to the mission of the Catholic Community Foundation.
Submit cover letter, resume, and two professional references to Becky Abbott at firstname.lastname@example.org. The position will remain open until filled. All inquiries and applications will remain confidential, and professional references will not be contacted until later in the search process.
The Catholic Community Foundation of Minnesota is an equal opportunity employer.