Marketing and Communications Coordinator
CommunityGiving, a network of community foundations, is is looking to fill a newly created Marketing and Communications role. This is a part-time hourly position with growth potential perfect for an individual with an entrepreneurial spirit and philanthropic heart.
Education: Four-year college degree, preferred
Related Experience: 3-5 years’ experience in marketing, communications, public relations, graphic design and/or related philanthropic positions
Supervision Given: None
Supervision Received: Director of Marketing and Communications
Job Summary: The Marketing and Communications Coordinator provides brand management support and assists with the implementation of marketing, public relations, advertising and promotional strategies for CommunityGiving and partner foundations. This role will create content and maintain brand tools for use across the organization in alignment with marketing priorities as set by the Director of Marketing and Communications.
- Supports implementation of approved marketing plans under the direction of the Director of Marketing and Communications in collaboration with designated project lead.
- Supports the timely and accurate creation of marketing materials including newsletter content, press releases, articles for the website and other communication pieces.
- Assists with organizational storytelling through written, audio and video formats. This may include curation of video library.
- Coordinates organization wide campaigns for the benefit of partner foundations.
- Follows established brand standards.
- Graphic Design
- Serves as primary staff on design and content creation for social media, donor correspondence and specialty publications.
- Maintains brand tools for use organization wide by partner foundations, funds, initiatives.
- Digital Tools
- Serves as primary staff on use of integrated marketing systems for example Mailchimp, Canva, and Crescendo.
- Monitors CG and partner social media and online presence.
- Grows brand awareness and community engagement within target audiences and discover trends as an opportunity for continued online growth within the communities we serve.
- Coordinates marketing list creation, selection and timing with project lead and the Database and Gifts Specialist.
- Supports and encourages building of collaborative and efficient systems throughout the organization.
- Provides peer and technical assistance as needed throughout the organization.
- Assists with planning and implementation of special events across CommunityGiving and our partner community foundations.
- Performs other duties as required through the policies and procedures of CommunityGiving.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Desired
- Proficiency in graphic design.
- Ability and curiosity to learn new digital and technical skills.
- Proficient in posting content to websites and social media that is researched and factual.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written, and excellent customer service skills.
- Understanding of market segmentation through a philanthropic lens including prospect identification, cultivation and campaign management.
- Ability to understand the communities we serve in order to create stories and/or targeted content.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and creative problem-solving skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Able to work autonomously and to function in a team relationship.
Interpersonal Skills/Values Every staff member employed by CommunityGiving is expected to possess and embrace the values as adopted by the Board of Directors.
We believe in…
- Capturing and preserving the legacy of our donors … Forever
- Our duty to provide unparalleled, personalized service to our donors
- Inspiring philanthropy across generations
- Utilizing financial resources as a tool to bring about lasting, positive change
- Our responsibility to serve as a trusted local leader and community catalyst, building connections between people who share a common geography
We bring people together to leave our world better than we found it. Everyone is welcome at the Community Foundation table.
We recognize that our assets are our people, capital and reputation. If any of these is ever diminished, the last is the most difficult to restore.
We possess an authentic and genuine dedication to the communities and people we serve.
We are committed to being flexible and improving what we do and how we do it, each and every day.
We have a “can-do” attitude that inspires creative solutions.
We integrate the diversity of our local communities in our discussions and actions.
We nurture “a pay-it-forward” approach that supports community-based philanthropy to grow and serve local communities.