Manager, Grants Administration
The Manager, Grants Administration is responsible for developing and recommending policies and procedures related to the grantmaking process and for the efficient and effective implementation of the Foundation’s policies and procedures related to grants administration. This includes overseeing all aspects of the grants management system (Fluxx), processing grant approvals, tracking payments related to grants and Program Related Investments, and training and supporting staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Act as the primary administrator for the grants management system (Fluxx); provide training and technical assistance and act as liaison with the Fluxx vendor as needed
- Support Foundation grantmaking processes and procedures by reviewing all live processes for staff accuracy, managing Fluxx data entry and coding decisions, managing pilot processes, etc.; remain current on grants management best practices in the industry and implement ongoing process reviews
- Execute the administration of grants by preparing grant award letters and grant agreements, requesting ACH payment, documenting grant modifications, etc.
- Ensure compliance with foundation, legal and IRS requirements; responsible for managing staff understanding and compliance of foundation policies
- Guide communication between program, finance, information technology and other staff to ensure Foundation grant administration activities are smoothly implemented
- Collaborate with the Measurement, Learning and Evaluation partners to ensure that standardization and streamlining of all grants data is implemented and to assist in collecting all relevant data
- Produce regular and special reports of grant activity including written and data illustrations to quantify and summarize findings for use in internal and external communications and as a management tool for Foundation leadership
- Work with staff to compile and finalize board materials for Board of Directors’ consideration and approval of docket
- Supervise grants management staff; drives strong results from direct reports by providing appropriate work direction, strategic guidance, and performance management
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Associate Degree or 2+ years working experience resulting in equivalent knowledge and analytical skills
- 3+ years experience working in complex data systems, (i.e. Fluxx, Salesforce)
- 1+ years experience developing and managing processes and procedures
- Proficient knowledge and skills working in Microsoft office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to independently identify and recommend process improvements or operational changes to drive more effective and efficient processes
- Proven work experience highlighting strong attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple priorities and complex projects
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively (e.g. working directly with varying levels of seniority, summarizing complex data and reporting progress to stakeholders)
- Must be willing to travel occasionally, less than 10% of the time or up to 20% of the time if working outside of the Los Angeles area
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Work experience in philanthropy
- Experience working with computer programming language (e.g. Liquid, Ruby or Python)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
There is a preference for person who is in located in Los Angeles or Minneapolis areas and able to commit to ECMC Foundation's hybrid work model: in-office Tuesday/Wednesday, work-from-home Monday/Thursday/Friday.
Salary range for this position is $85,000-$115,000. Actual base salary may vary based upon, but not limited to, relevant experience, time in role, peer and market data, prior performance, business sector and geographic location.
ECMC Group is committed to ensuring our diverse, inclusive and equitable culture is built on a strong sense of belonging, where everyone feels seen, heard and encouraged to show up as their authentic self.