Administrative Assistant - HR, IT & Facilities
GHR Foundation is a hope-fueled global funder of service to people and their limitless potential for good. In collaboration with partners and communities around the world, GHR reimagines what’s possible when accelerating progress locally – toward racial and educational equity in the Twin Cities community and Catholic schools; globally – through change-making approaches to persistent development challenges alongside the Catholic Church and faith networks; and in biomedical – on groundbreaking research to prevent Alzheimer's Disease and related dementias.
This is a part-time (24 hours per week) in-person position. The administrative assistant coordinates day-to-day office functions including reception, office inventories, maintenance requests and general office upkeep. This position also provides support for meeting and event coordination, employee engagement activities and IT systems.
Reporting and Collaborative Relationships
The administrative assistant reports to and is supervised by the HR, IT and Facilities Director and works collaboratively with staff across foundation teams.
- Reception duties – greet visitors, answer phones, monitor organization general email accounts
- Monitor and maintain office supply inventory and restock as needed
- Ensure common areas and conference rooms are kept tidy, organized and well-stocked, including the kitchen, dishwashers and supply areas
- Submit service requests to building as needed for repairs, cleaning and HVAC requests
- Maintain office equipment and coordinate service calls as needed
- Serve as resource to other staff on using conference room AV and troubleshooting basic IT/AV issues and escalating issues with service providers as required
- Daily mail and package distribution
- Coordinate external office visitors including visitor registration through security system, parking validations, loading dock requests, etc.
- Monitor and maintain office subscriptions
- Assist staff in hosting in-office guests, meetings and events. This may include logistics coordination, greeting, refreshments and room set up/clean up
- Coordinate logistics and food for in person staff meetings and events
- Occasionally, assist staff members in coordinating off-site meetings and events
- Serve as part of planning team for in person staff events and coordinate employee engagement activities
- Manage employee recognition and meal perk programs via Grubhub
- Coordinate employee recognition efforts – gifts, condolences, etc.
- Coordinate and schedule weekly staff meetings in collaboration with other staff members. This includes setting agendas and coordinating with appropriate staff to present and host.
Other projects as requested.
The administrative assistant is an experienced administrative professional with a minimum of three years’ reception or administrative experience, ability and interest in meeting and event planning and execution, technically savvy and a genuine commitment to work to support a team to ensure clear customer focus, a productive work environment, and the achievement of high-quality work.
- Excellent customer service skills, a positive attitude and sense of humor
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively work with, and relate to, a diverse group of team members
- Technology experienced: proficiency using Word, Outlook, Teams, and Zoom
- Ability to trouble-shoot basic computer and AV systems and confidence embracing new technologies
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Meeting and/or event planning experience
- Strong organization and prioritization skills including the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, create/request clarity on multiple priorities, and accomplish tasks under a deadline
- Patience, flexibility and adaptability
- Ability to show initiative, willingness to learn and take on responsibilities as a contributing team member
- Racially conscious: Understand and appreciate the role of race and ethnicity and have the ability to effectively collaborate with diverse communities in a variety of contexts.
Starting salary for this part-time position is in the range of $32,000 - $40,000 annually depending on qualifications.
Send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please reference job #FAC2024 in the subject line of your email. Application review will begin February 21.
This is an in-person position in GHR’s downtown Minneapolis office, ideally Tuesday – Thursday but subject to flexibility depending on organization activities on a given week. Employees use office equipment such as personal computers, copiers, telephones; stand or sit at a desk for long periods of time (2-3 hours); may need to lift and move documents and supplies (not to exceed 25 lbs.); and bend to file or retrieve documents.
GHR is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other status protected by state or local law for an individual who falls within the jurisdiction of such law.
We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.